The Workshop held on the 19th May 2015 by the Public Policy Department of the Social Sciences Faculty, National Research University Higher School of Economics (NRU HSE) with the support of Oxfam under the EU funded project “Empowering CSO Networks in an Unequal Multi-Polar World,¨ was of special importance for Russia because of the forthcoming VII Summit of BRICS and SCO Summit in June, 2015 in Russian Ufa.
The goals of this Workshop included
- Developing analytical skills of young researchers and representatives of the civil society organizations
- Strengthening their ability to identify the most urgent policy issues of the state and civil society in BRICS countries;
- Proposing potential solutions including optimal forms and possible scenarios of more efficient dialogue between Non-Governmental and Governmental actors of public policy-making;
- Presenting the means of increasing the influence of civil society on the state and the political leaders in BRICS countries.
- The best practices analysis, and dissemination of positive experience
Target audience included academic staff (professors and researchers), Russian and foreign students, experts and representatives of NGOs, academic, and analytical communities. It included 3 parts: The Plenary Session, The Group-work Sessions, and the Debates
For more information on the workshop program agenda and Preliminary materials for the Sessions, kindly access